An ergonomic height adjustable desk will not only make your workday more pleasant, but it will also increase your productivity. We are inactive at work, which causes several health problems. It also plays a significant role in the obesity epidemic. Many of us sit almost motionless for 12 to 16 hours a day — in the car, at work, and home.
Prolonged sitting causes lower-extremity discomfort, neck pain, and spinal muscular activity. Prolonged standing, on the other hand, is not the solution. This will result in sore feet, leg swelling, varicose veins, lower back pain, and other side effects. As a result, alternately sitting and standing is the proper movement. This will give you more energy, reduce fatigue, improve your health, and lower your risk of injury from staying in one position for too long.
What height should an adjustable desk have?
To begin, set the standing desk at around elbow height to ensure proper standing desk height. This means you should have your elbows at a 90-degree angle to the ground. For example, a standing desk should be 44 inches tall for a person of average height.
The types of equipment you use, and your daily tasks are all factors that influence the proper height for a computer desk. However, if you’re between 5’8′′ and 5’10′′tall, you should use a desk height of 28 inches.
Major Advantages of Height Adjustable Desk:
- Assists increase productivity by improving mood and energy levels.
- Reduces Your Risk of Metabolic Disorders and Cardiovascular Disease.
- It improves your posture and reduces back pain by 50%.
- Improved core and abdominal strength reduce your risk of weight gain, diabetes, and obesity.
- Improve your hand precision and mobility around the workplace.